POG1 - Pog1p
Saccharomyces cerevisiae S288c
Welcome to WikiGenes!If you are familiar with the subject of this article, you can contribute to this open access knowledge base by deleting incorrect information, restructuring or completely rewriting any text.
Ideally this entry shall become one comprehensive and continuous article. Bulleted lists, for instance, were only used because it is impossible to automatically integrate independent facts into a continuous text.
Much of the current information on this page has been automatically compiled from Pubmed.
This precompiled information serves as a substrate and matrix to embed your contributions, but it is by no means the final word - Homo sapiens can do much better!
WikiGenes is a non-profit and open access community project - Read more.
High impact information on POG1
- POG1, a novel yeast gene, promotes recovery from pheromone arrest via the G1 cyclin CLN2 .
- Overexpression of POG1 inhibits alpha-factor-induced G1 arrest and transcriptional repression of the CLN1 and CLN2 genes .
- POG1 confers alpha-factor resistance when overexpressed and enhances alpha-factor sensitivity when deleted in the background of an msg5 mutant .
Other interactions of POG1
- We have isolated a novel gene, POG1, whose promotion of recovery parallels that of the MAPK phosphatase Msg5 .
- POG1, a novel yeast gene, promotes recovery from pheromone arrest via the G1 cyclin CLN2. Leza, M.A., Elion, E.A. Genetics (1999) [Pubmed]