The world's first wiki where authorship really matters (Nature Genetics, 2008). Due credit and reputation for authors. Imagine a global collaborative knowledge base for original thoughts. Search thousands of articles and collaborate with scientists around the globe.

wikigene or wiki gene protein drug chemical gene disease author authorship tracking collaborative publishing evolutionary knowledge reputation system wiki2.0 global collaboration genes proteins drugs chemicals diseases compound
Hoffmann, R. A wiki for the life sciences where authorship matters. Nature Genetics (2008)
 
 
 
 
 

Long-term follow-up after fludarabine treatment in pretreated patients with chronic lymphocytic leukemia.

BACKGROUND AND OBJECTIVES: A study update to assess long-term survival following fludarabine salvage treatment in previously treated patients with chronic lymphocytic lymphoma (CLL). DESIGN AND METHODS: From September 1992 to December 1995, 74 patients with advanced, relapsing B-cell CLL were enrolled in the study. Fludarabine was given for 5 consecutive days at the dose of 25 mg/m2/day in a 30 min infusion. Treatment was repeated every 28 days for a maximum of 6 courses.E RESULTS. Nineteen (26%) patients achieved a complete response (CR) and 20 (27%) patients had a partial response (PR), giving an overall response rate of 53%. The median overall survival was 68 months, and there was a strong negative correlation with the number of previous treatments. The median time to progression was 18 months for patients who achieved a CR and 12 months for those with a PR. INTERPRETATION AND CONCLUSIONS: The results obtained with fludarabine alone in this subset of CLL patients indicate the existence of a conspicuous disease-free survival period. This time window could be used to consolidate the initial response with either biological approaches or high-dose therapeutic strategies such as autologous bone marrow transplantation, with the aim of eventual eradication of the disease.[1]

References

  1. Long-term follow-up after fludarabine treatment in pretreated patients with chronic lymphocytic leukemia. Zinzani, P.L., Bendandi, M., Magagnoli, M., Albertini, P., Rondelli, D., Stefoni, V., Tani, M., Tura, S. Haematologica (2000) [Pubmed]
 
WikiGenes - Universities