The world's first wiki where authorship really matters (Nature Genetics, 2008). Due credit and reputation for authors. Imagine a global collaborative knowledge base for original thoughts. Search thousands of articles and collaborate with scientists around the globe.

wikigene or wiki gene protein drug chemical gene disease author authorship tracking collaborative publishing evolutionary knowledge reputation system wiki2.0 global collaboration genes proteins drugs chemicals diseases compound
Hoffmann, R. A wiki for the life sciences where authorship matters. Nature Genetics (2008)
 
 
 
 
 

Phase II study of pirarubicin (THP-adriamycin) in metastatic breast cancer patients.

Fourteen patients with metastatic breast cancer previously treated with one chemotherapy regimen received Pirarubicin at a dose of 70 mg/m2 at 3-week intervals. In 7 patients the dose had to be reduced, in 1 patient to 40 mg/m2 and in 6 patients to 50-60 mg/m2. There were 1 complete and 2 partial remissions. These objective responses were observed in soft tissue, lung and pleural areas and lasted 1+; 4+ and 5+ months. Grade 3 and 4 leukopenia was found in 42%, grade 3 thrombocytopenia in 2%, grade 3 nausea/vomiting in 29% of the cycles. Grade 1 and 2 alopecia occurred in 64% of the patients, the remaining 36% of the patients did not suffer from any alopecia. No cardiotoxic side effects were observed in 13 patients. In 1 patient with severe coronary heart disease extrasystoles and reduction in left ventricular ejection fraction occurred. Pirarubicin has antitumor activity in previously treated metastatic breast cancer patients.[1]

References

  1. Phase II study of pirarubicin (THP-adriamycin) in metastatic breast cancer patients. Lenk, H., Tanneberger, S., Wiener, N., Giesske, H., Gärtner, S., Geyer, J., Rotte, K.H. Oncology (1990) [Pubmed]
 
WikiGenes - Universities