The world's first wiki where authorship really matters (Nature Genetics, 2008). Due credit and reputation for authors. Imagine a global collaborative knowledge base for original thoughts. Search thousands of articles and collaborate with scientists around the globe.

wikigene or wiki gene protein drug chemical gene disease author authorship tracking collaborative publishing evolutionary knowledge reputation system wiki2.0 global collaboration genes proteins drugs chemicals diseases compound
Hoffmann, R. A wiki for the life sciences where authorship matters. Nature Genetics (2008)

Prevalence of human papilloma virus genital infections in sexually transmitted diseases clinic attendees in Ibadan.

All patients, who presented at the Sexually Transmitted Disease clinic of the University College Hospital, Ibadan, between the period of August 1996 and January 1998 were included in this study. They were examined for genital infections in order to determine the prevalence rate of Human papilloma virus genital infection (genital warts) among them. Out of the 1,373 patients seen in the clinic during the period, 861 (62.71%) had STD while the remaining 512 (37.29%) had other conditions. Out of these 861 cases, 69 (8.01%) had HPV genital infection, while the remaining 792 (91.9%) had other STDS. Of these 69 cases of genital warts, 35 (50.7%) were males while 34 (49.3%) were females. Their ages ranged between 17 and 74 years, with the peak incidence in the 20-29 years age group. 32 (46.4%) had concurrent genital infections with non-gonococcal urethritis and cervicitis 9(13%) constituting the most common type. The highest incidence (36.2%) of this condition was found among petty traders while the lowest was found among the business executives and applicants. In 67 (97%) of these patients, the nature of sexual intercourse was vaginal, while in 1 (1.5%) it was oral and another 1 (1.5%) both vaginal and oral. 26 (37.7%) of the patients had just one sexual partner, while 7 (8.1%) had 2 or more. Only 2 (2.9%) admitted to have had any sexual contact with commercial sex workers. The sites of warts in males include the shaft of the penis, the glans penis, perineum and intrameatum. In females, warts were found in the vulva, vagina, cervix, perineum and perianal regions. 42 (60.9%) of these patients were placed on 20% podophyllin on tincture of benzoin, 17 (24.6%) on cryotherapy and 1 (1.5%) on both. They all did well on the different treatment regimens except for 1 (1.5%) that had to change from podophyllin to cryotherapy when there was no reduction in size. 11 (15.9%) were however lost to follow up.[1]


WikiGenes - Universities